Monday, November 8, 2010

“Beautiful & Cruel” and “Trip in a Summer Dress”



(Beautiful & Cruel)
After I read this, the poem reminded me of someone. That would be my Uncle Jorge.  He was three years older than me. He once told me, that he had hard time to get girl in school. I told him because he was the most ugly in the family and school. When I was young, I always picked up on him in regarding to his face by saying he was the most ugly. I told him, “You are so ugly when you walked in public everybody screamed terrorist attack!! Uncle Jorge doesn’t care because he believed that the personality came first than the appearance. In my mind, he has strong heart. He doesn’t care if nobody comes for him. He also said that anyone, who is beautiful or cute, is cruel. It made me realized in believing him. I decided to write the letter of apology to him because I felt guilty in my rest life for saying “the most ugly in the family and school”.

(Trip in a Summer Dress)
As I had read this, which was the most stupid story I ever had, because the mother gave his own son to his mom. And even worse that the boy, Matthew, doesn’t know that she was his actually grandmother. If I were she, I would keep my son and stay away from his grandmother. However, this story talked about a girl who left to Arkansas and married to the guy who was gentlemen and worked in barbershop. When she was fifteen year olds, made a baby, Matthew. By that time, she wasn’t happy because she didn’t expect that had happened. She called him after Moses in the bible story. She claimed to the people who were on the bus until she saw a little girl, who was young to be traveling alone, she was reminded her of Matthew. She missed him. But it was still bothering me because she left him and gave it to his mother. That was the lamest thing to do.
When my mom was fifteen year olds, I was his first son.  She decided to keep and raise me. She has been taught me in regarding to the school, life, and law of respect. She happily announced that she had a baby. So everyone in my family would know that I am his real son. My mother is happy now because she married to John O' Donohue, is my step-father and I am in the college.

No comments:

Post a Comment