Friday, September 3, 2010

Analysis of "The First Day" from the anthology _Leaving Home

While I was reading the story, I kept thinking that my mom was the one who helped my life. She was single mother since my father left us when I was three old years because he thought he couldn't do anything to help me. We live in Inglewood, that was the one of most dangerous city in California. That moment, I remembered that my mom was looking for a better school. My mom met the deaf at Fedex Office, and he claimed that I should go to California School for the deaf, Riverside. My mom decided to move me away from our hometown to Riverside for my safety. My mom went to California School for the deaf, Riverside for Registration Day, they said I can't go to that school unless I became a residency student but my mom fought it to let me became a day student so I can get home right after school everyday. She had two jobs and had been supporting me for almost five years. When I was seventh grade, my mom found a decent job and send me to the public school in Irvine, California. That was irony because the public school in Irvine is the one of most safe and best education in California. However, in the book, I can see that I am in her shoe because her mother trying to get a better education and safe school for her. I am so curiosity that, have she passed high school school? Is her mother still alive? The teacher has given her with full support? How did his father die?

1 comment:

  1. thats good that your mother fought for you. shows how much she loves you and your brother :)

    ReplyDelete